Kombucha is a fermented tea that has been consumed for thousands of years. Not only does it have the same health benefits as tea — it’s also rich in beneficial probiotics.Kombucha also contains antioxidants, can kill harmful bacteria and may help fight several diseases.
- 50g Green tea
- 160g white sugar
- 2ltr filtered water
- 1 SCOBY
- Weigh sugar and tea into a large heat proof container
- Add the boiling water to the tea, mix well and steep for 10 minutes
- Strain this sweet tea and pour into kilner jars. ALLOW TO COOL (below 29 degrees celsius)
- Add 1/4 in volume of live kombucha tea from previous batch.
- Add the SCOBY to the kilner jar
- Cover with a muslin cloth and secure with elastic band
- Leave at room temperature for approximately 1 week
- Take out the SCOBY
- Strain liquid through a fine strainer.
- Pour this liquid into flip top glass bottles
- Leave the bottles at room temperature for 4-7 days
- Burp every 2 days to check the carbonation
- Chill bottles in the fridge